If you rely on Google Analytics (GA) to monitor the performance of your website, your life just got a little easier thanks to a new mobile app for iOS (free, App Store) and Android (free, Play Store).
Google Analytics has been the industry standard web analytics tool since 2005. It’s installed by embedding a small bit of tracking code on your web pages. Once installed, it unlocks the value of data generated by visitors to your website and it turns normally unintelligible log files into slick charts, graphs and reports that are actionable. GA provides answers and insights about your online business that previously required cumbersome tools that were prohibitively expensive.
After installing the GA tracking code on your website, simply log into the Google Analytics portal to analyze visitor traffic, perform advanced segmentation, view in-page analytics, and understand traffic sources. I’ve been using GA on my website since 2007 and find it to be an invaluable tool for tracking things like users, pageviews, referrals and keywords. Businesses that sell a product or a service (as opposed to publishing content) will love its ability to drive online marketing decisions with hard data instead of instinct or intuition.
The new GA mobile app puts Google’s powerful web analytics tools on your iPhone (or Android device) and gives you the ability to keep tabs on your online business when you’re away from your desktop.
Recent Blog Posts
- Google, Amazon and Facebook may be forced to reveal their European revenue and taxes under new EU laws for multinational companies
- Google Nexus 5X Price Slashed To $279 Only
- Website Design UK – Why professional assistance is not a choice
- Web Design Agency London – Skills, experience and resources at one place
- Freelance Web Designer London – Providing you string of advantages!